11 March 2009

HaPPy BirTHdaY to MaMa!!

I would like to wish a very Happy 80th Birthday to my mother, a wonderful lady who is so amazing to me. She has always been there for me, and all her children whenever we needed her. She is the kindest, sweetest, most generous and just a swell little lady all round!


"Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthday dear Dina, Happy Birthday to you!!"

A bunch of us celebrated this fabulous ladies' birthday at an Italian restaurant in Toronto this month. The food and ambiance were great, they even had a giant pepper mill which was probably in the Guiness Book of world records...haha.


Joe had the sea bass...quite good i heard.


Here's the cake I made for Mama D, a dark and milk chocolate cake with raspberry buttercream inside the layers. It weighed a ton!! It was so good!! Rich and chocolatey and not too sweet.
Mama D gets ready to blow out 8 candles. 80 candles would've been impossible to put on!!


You can see the red raspberry buttercream in the layer...it turned out very nice, if i do say so myself! Everyone got to bring home a slice too.

A great dinner, a great evening and a great mother being treated on her birthday!
Below, is the memory pillow i made for my mothers' birthday. I took old photos of her with her friends, then scanned them and used an iron on transfer photo paper to print them, then incorporated into this patchwork pillow I made from a 60's quilt i had.


I think she liked it alot! I hope she did! I also added little details like vintage trims an buttons to frame the photo. It was a labour of love to make.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY 80TH BIRTHDAY to THE best Mommy in the whole entire world!

WE LOVE YOU MOMA DINA!

Love
CBCS

good pics of the dinner party

(she is 80 now, but still has the soul of a 20 year old!)
(and looks so great too!)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your Mama! She sounds just wonderful and what a beautiful family she has as well! Love the gift you made her, just wonderful!♥

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Dina! Wishing you the best! You are such a sweet lady!
Love,
Nathalie

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you Ma ma! that is one bad a** pepper mill, holy cow!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones