13 July 2008

new artwork and entertaining


I just recently acquired this piece of art, an original acrylic on canvas board from Etsy shop DogArtStudio. I love the colors and the subject....reminds me of my love for autumn days. I would like to get a beautiful gold frame for it sometime.

Also from Etsy shop DogArtStudio ... this wonderful artist does a lot of dog art. This isn't a portrait of my Lulu, I just happened to see this print in the artists' shop and fell in love with it. It is a very close likeness to Lulu though...in the eyes especially.

Still have to get it framed, so for now I propped it up in the upstairs' hallway.

We have been going to a few bbq's lately. Steve's family came over the other day and we had these yummy desserts. The little cream puffs were to die for...milk, white and dark chocolate with bavarian and hazelnut cream...yummy!

and this wonderfully light strawberry cake!! So perfect for a bbq.

We made herbed chicken with the herbs from our garden..basil, parsley and mint. Also roasted potatoes and peppers with balsamic raspberry vinegar. We started off with a watermelon and basil salad with feta cheese and black pepper...sounds odd but it is a delicious combination, and black olive bread from a local market.

Last Sunday we had a bbq with my dear friend Nathalie and her husband Jean Francois, and her adorable children Alex and Emilie, and new baby Claire. The baby was so pretty and good, and the children are so well-behaved and cute! We had a lovely day and the food was terrific. Nat and JF made chicken, 2 kinds of sausage, lamb and chorizio, and a wonderful basil tomato and fresh mozzerella salad, and a delicous couscous salad. For dessert I had brought this strawberry shortcake with fresh ontario strawberries. We also a cheese course between dinner and dessert, with some great cheeses. It was a fantastic meal!

Summer time and the living is easy and tasty!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Everything looks so delicious.
The shortcake was so amazing, my little guy finished it all up!
We had such a great time with you and Steve, can't wait to see you again soon!
nat

Tea said...

You have made me sooooooooo hungry LOL
Everything looks delicious.
Love your hair too!
I cut mine too most of the. I finally went because it`s been a whole year. Got my hair darkened and trimmed up. The place I go to is so expensive, so I don`t go often hehe.
This rain is terrible. The leaves on a lot of my flowers are going yellow and the roses are even beginning to hate it all.
Hope it dries up soon!

tea
xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones