12 October 2006

Where does the time go?



How I wish there were more hours in the day.
I seem to be going to bed later and getting up late and by the time I have breakfast and do chores and get ready for the day, it seems the day is so short. I have my list of the days' schedule, appts, errands, projects, groceries, library, baking, cooking and blogging and by the time everything is done there just is'nt enough time to do everything I want to do. I do the things that need to be done, the things that have to be done for living but there just is'nt the energy to do the things that I really want to do. Yesterday, I reserved sometime in the afternoon to relearn knitting and I had just had a cup of tea to try to revive myself, but I found it very hard to concentrate because I felt sooo sleepy. I fought the sleepiness and tried my best to practice the knitting steps and after 20 minutes of struggling with the slipknot and casting on I gave in. I really need to take one of those 'Stitch n Bitch' classes at least to get the basics down. For the past 4 or 5 years, I think I've tried to knit every fall and end up throwing in the towel. I believe the change of seasons just drains me of energy. I hope soon that I can refuel my energy reserves so I can do more projects soon. I have some new stuff I want to do, including making a teddy bear (for my nephew C) from a soft brown sweater that's shrunk too small, using a cute pattern from a craft magazine. I also want to make patchwork tea cosies and felt applique coasters as Christmas gifts and perhaps sell in stores.
Now if only the day were longer.......sigh.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones